Friday, February 1, 2013

LOOK OUT WARREN AND BILL. HERE I COME!

Today I feel like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, two of the richest men in the world. No, I didn't win the Powerball jackpot, but I can honestly say I've finally reached a financial milestone that only men like Buffett and Gates can boast of achieving. The milestone is this: I have more money in the bank than one particular country has! That's right. The bottom line of my checking account is greater than the checking account of the government of Zimbabwe. As of this past Tuesday, Zimbabwe had $217 on deposit. My account had a few dollars more.

Don't expect me to open my coffers anytime soon, or think that my new-found financial status will alter the way I approach monetary decisions, but know this: I'll expect Forbes to list my name above Zimbabwe's name on its wealthiest depositors list, and my appearance fee to speak at a financial seminar is now $50,000 per appearance, plus expenses. If I'm going to be a financial mogul, I'll have to start acting like one.

1 comment:

  1. Longtime reader, first time commenter. Glad to see the Yorktowne Free Liberal is back!

    ReplyDelete