Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TAKE THAT CHALLENGE, MR. PRESIDENT

Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, John Boehner (R-Ohio) called on President Obama to "man-up" and cut federal spending. Boehner's maschismo challenge was nothing more than a cheap political stunt in advance of President Obama's State of the Union message, but I think the President should accept Boehner's challenge and tell Boehner point-blank that he doesn't want to hear any Republican cry-babies when he does exactly what Boehner asks!

Then, and this is what I would do if I were in Obama's shoes, I'd announce that I was permanently closing every military base in states that voted for G.O.P. presidential candidate, Mitt Romney. Every dime of savings from those closures would be applied to the National Debt.

At first blush, such a plan sounds vengeful, but if one is being fair and serious about cutting federal spending, those states that get more dollars in federal spending than they pay in federal income tax should be the first places where spending cuts are made. You see, the top-ten states that get more federal spending than they pay in taxes are all states that voted for the G.O.P. standard-bearer, Mitt Romney. That's where I'd start, and see if Boehner has the balls to "man-up" and be true to his words. I highly doubt he would!

No comments:

Post a Comment