Friday, January 31, 2014

THE LONELY LIFE OF A LIBERAL BLOGGER IN SPACE

Today I feel like one of the Voyager spacecrafts that was launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida in 1977. The little spacecraft is still broadcasting news reels from Earth to the far reaches of space, but it’s unclear whether anybody is listening. Maybe in a thousand years or so somebody on another world will pick up the signal and wonder what it means, but we’ll probably never know whether our message got through or not.

Judging by the number of hits this blog gets on a daily basis, I’m kind of skeptical that anybody out there is picking up the signal. A couple of weeks ago I posted a piece on Justin Bieber and got over 300 hits in one day. That was my all-time record. Still, I’m going to try to persevere this year. Maybe one day my writing will be the Dead Sea Scroll for a future generation. I can only hope

3 comments:

  1. Hey Steve,
    I read every post, but I'm using a feed reader to do it, so the hits may not show up. Keep it up, I like what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading now. Nice Work you need to get more members going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so I am reading your blog now that I read your book.. Sorry, never got the York newspapers so until I got a copy of your book, wasn't aware you are here.. Besides I am half blind and usually can't find my glasses.. Please don't desert us Steve.. :)

    ReplyDelete