Tuesday, January 5, 2016

THE ARK SET SAIL WITHOUT HIM

Every time I see Bill Cosby’s face, followed by an article describing alleged instances of sexual assault, including the recent criminal charges lodged against him, I want to ask him a seemingly outrageous question: How long can you tread imprisonment?

I know this is not a laughing matter, but just once I’d like to see his face confront the irony of his most famous one-liner being used to pillory him, because the joke is no longer funny and the comedian who made it famous is no longer the god of laughter. I’m not amused by Cosby’s fall from grace, because the trail of that fall is littered with the anguish of dozens of sexually assaulted victims, but I am happy that the veil of secrecy under which he operated has been lifted and his actions have been laid bare for everyone to see, including his once adoring fans.

Whatever the outcome of Bill Cosby’s current criminal charges, one thing is crystal clear – the Ark has sailed without him, and successfully treading water is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment